Skip to main content
Brussels Capital-Region - Homepage

Licences, authorizations and access to the profession

Some occupations and activities are regulated and subject to the granting of a permit or licence. You should always check whether any special permits or licences are required for your particular activity.

Reglemented activities

! As of January 15, 2024, you no longer need to prove basic knowledge of business management to start a business in the Brussels-Capital Region ! 

Verify with Opens in new window if you fulfil all conditions and possess the necessary authorisations.

  • Central jury examinations for commercial activities(professional skills)
  • Professional card for the non-European self-employed
  • Tourist accommodation
  • Travel agencies
  • Food sector (butchers, restaurateur, baker, organic products …)
  • Service voucher companies
  • Private employment agencies
  • Itinerant traders and fairground personnel
  • Non-profit itinerant sales
  • ...

Business and urban planning/environment

External provides free personalised support to businesses for all urban planning questions (including assessing permit applications, office, car park and advertising regulations, procedures and recommendations) and environmental questions (including permit types, establishment plans, regulations on water discharges, waste, air emissions and transport plan) in the Brussels-Capital Region.

hub brussels logo