Skip to main content
Brussels Capital-Region - Homepage

Reception services for infants

The arrival of a little treasure in your family is a great source of happiness but it also demands a little bit of organisation! If you have a job and no one is able to help you to look after the baby, you will have to find a crèche or a day-care provider to take care of it when you are at work.

Every commune is responsible for reception services for infants through the network of communal crèches. You can contact your commune to request a list of communal crèches on its territory.

In addition to the communal crèches, other reception facilities, some of them under official control ('ONE' - Office de la Naissance et de l'Enfance, for the French-speaking part of Belgium and 'Kind & Gezin' for the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium) are available.

For French speakers

  • External linkThe 'ONE' (Office de la Naissance et de l'Enfance) (FR) publishes a whole host of information on its website about reception facilities for infants (crèches, grant-maintained and non-grant maintained specialised/non-specialised care providers) and school-going children (out-of-school care, holiday centres, playing fields).
  • The 'External linkObservatoire de l'Enfant (FR)' is an action program of the French Community Commission (COCOF) concerned with children’s policy, particularly child care policy. The Observatoire de l'Enfant’s target audience is parents, professionals and the authorities, to which it provides services and gives information and advice.
  • The website External linkBruxelles Temps Libre (FR), initiated by Badje asbl, in collaboration with the 'ONE' and the Brussels 'Accueil Temps Libre' coordinators, with the support of the COCOF, provides informations on activities for kids between 2,5 and 18 years old. It also offers a search engine listng all activities during the school year and during school holidays, as well as many practical tips.

For Dutch speakers

Your commune will be able to help you find day care for your child, through its External linkportfolio holder responsible for child and youth policy (FR).