Researchers, designers and inventors who want to protect their work should contact the Belgian intellectual property...
Many benefits are generated by development partnerships between business and the academic sector, including technology...
A "spin-off" is a new technology business developed out of a larger organisation.
A cross-border partnership, additional human resources in the domains of science and technology, assistance with...
Bodies responsible for R&D policies
At federal level
The Belgian Federal Science Policy Office prepares and implements various research and science policy activities resorting under the competence of the federal government, including:
- Research networks and programmes
- Belgium’s participation in international and European scientific organisations (European Space Agency, European Southern Observatory, European Synchrotron Radiation Facility and so on)
- Supervision of the ten federal science institutions
At regional level
The new Regional Innovation Plan for the period 2021-2027 was prepared by Innoviris for the Brussels Capital Region (BCR).
Innoviris finances and supports research and innovation in the Brussels-Capital Region. Its mission focuses on the following areas:
- co-financing research and innovation projects for small and large companies, research centres, the non-profit sector and the public sector in the development of creative solutions for the Region of tomorrow, for the well-being and prosperity of every Brussels citizenraising
- awareness of education and career opportunities in STEM, and of the role of science in society
- representing the Brussels-Capital Region in research and innovation at national, European and international level and facilitating cooperation within local ecosystems.
Innoviris focuses on research and innovation projects that have the potential to meet urban challenges, particularly in terms of mobility, food, health and social inclusion. The aim is to create quality jobs and contribute to the social and environmental transition of the Brussels economy.
Hub.brussels also supports businesses in their innovation efforts through a range of services made available to them:
- networking with other companies in the same sector via the clusters
- innovation management workshop programme
- help in obtaining European funding and in defining and strengthening your proposal