Online services to support you with housing
Table of content
- Who to contact?
- Affordable housing
- Construction and renovation
- How much does it cost to rent accommodation in Brussels?
- Accommodation for a limited period
- Student housing
- Housing for people with disabilities
- Home loan calculator
- Apply for fire prevention advice
- Regional development plans – land use
- Urban development
- Vacant dwelling
- Moving home - formalities at the commune
Who to contact?
The Brussels-Capital Region has a number of different bodies and agencies with responsibility for housing.
The contact form on the website logement.brussels tells you who to contact with any questions you may have.
- Contact the appropriate body (FR/NL) (online form)
Some regional bodies, such as citydev.brussels and the Fonds du Logement, provide housing for sale or for rent at affordable prices to people who fulfil certain conditions, especially with regards to income.
Construction and renovation
ecobuild.brussels (a cluster of hub.brussels) brings together companies that are active in the sustainable construction and renovation sector in Brussels.
How much does it cost to rent accommodation in Brussels?
Accommodation for a limited period
The website of Brussels Destination allows people wishing to settle in Brussels for a limited period (for one week to six months) to find appropriate solutions and owners to advertise their property.
- Look for or rent accommodation for a limited period (online database)
The website of MyKot brings together the supply of and demand for student accommodation in Brussels.
- Look for or rent student accommodation (online database)
Housing for people with disabilities
The AccessHouse website of the Association Nationale pour le Logement des Handicapés (ANLH) contains a disability housing register and allows landlords to register accessible properties.
- Search for or advertise accessible and adapted housing (FR/NL) (online database)
Home loan calculator
A number of cooperative credit institutions provide a mortgage or home loan calculator on their website to help you make the right choice when buying a house and/or renovating it to improve its energy performance.
Apply for fire prevention advice
- Send a request for prevention advice to the SIAMU through IRISbox (online service with electronic identity card)
Regional development plans – land use
Various regional regulations govern the planning possibilities in the Brussels-Capital Region.
BruGIS® is a tool for managing regional development. This cartographic website provides all the urban planning information available in the Brussels Region.
- Find out the usage of a zone (search on layer of information) (interactive online map)
Track the status of your building permit application online
The citizen with a building permit application pending approval for renovation work or a new-build project in the Brussels-Capital Region can track the status of the application the quick and convenient way using the Permits Online service. This online service gives citizens access to all public information on building applications.
- Track your building permit application online (FR/NL) (web service)
Request for information
- Send a request for planning information to your commune through IRISbox (online service with electronic identity card)
- Submit a complaint about a vacant dwelling to Brussels Housing through IRISbox (online service with electronic identity card)
Moving home - formalities at the commune
- Complete the formalities at your commune when you move home through IRISbox (online service with electronic identity card)
Renovation grant and façade beautification grant
The Brussels-Capital Region awards grants to encourage you to renovate your property and/or to beautify its façade.
Prepare your grant application:
The mission of the Direction du Patrimoine culturel (Directorate of cultural Heritage) is to identify, protect and preserve the Brussels heritage.
Heritage lists are drawn up on special themes:
Inventory of built heritage
Inventory of underground archaeological sites
Inventory of natural heritage
Inventory of organs
Inventory of wallpapers
You will find on the site of the Direction du Patrimoine culturel information about the procedures relating to heritage (FR/NL) (protection, grants, inventories, ...).
- Fill in some of the forms relating to heritage online through IRISbox (online service with electronic identity card)