Equivalence of diplomas
Are you a Brussels native who would like to study abroad? Are you an Italian student graduating in Milan who would like to continue your studies in Brussels? Or maybe you have studied in the United States and you would like to live and work in the Brussels-Capital Region? Before you make the move, it is important to check that your diploma is recognised in your destination country and to have your qualifications officially approved. The website www.belgium.be can direct you to all the information you need.
- Before you leave, you should check whether your diploma is recognised in the country you want to settle in (FR/NL). Check out the "Validité des diplômes" section at www.belgium.be.
- If you would like to study or work in the Brussels-Capital Region and you need to have your qualifications recognised, check out the "Equivalence of diplomas section on belgium.be" (FR/NL).
- The website www.mydiploma.be offers information about the recognition of foreign diplomas for people who want to find a job, follow a vocational course, start a business or study in Belgium.
For French speakers
- The French Community’s education portal is a source of information about equivalence, authentication, legalisation of diplomas in the French community (FR) and what to do if you lose your diploma, for both compulsory and higher education.
- Information about equivalence of secondary and higher education diplomas is also provided by the Service des équivalences (Equivalence Service) of the French Community (FR).
For Dutch speakers
- The Flemish Community’s education portal is a source of comprehensive practical information on the equivalence of foreign diplomas in the Flemish Community (NL).
- 'NARIC-Vlaanderen' provides information on procedures for .
Directory of higher education courses around the world:
Operational since 1996, BrainTrack keeps a list of more than 10,000 higher education institutions, including colleges and universities, in 194 countries. New education and career options are regularly added.