Academies and extracurricular education
Virtually every Brussels commune has its own art or music academy (part-time art education). They offer a host of courses in every artistic discipline as well as music, word and dance, for children, teenagers and adults. Depending on where they get their funding, the working language of these academies is either French or Dutch.
For French speakers
- The French Community’s education portal provides information on the French-speaking part-time art education (FR) as well as a directory of academies teaching the fine arts, music, word and dance (FR) in the Brussels-Capital Region.
For Dutch speakers
- The Flemish Community Commission’s website publishes a list of Visual arts academies teaching in Dutch (NL) and a list of music, word and dance academies teaching in Dutch in the Brussels-Capital Region.
Other courses and projects
Various sociocultural organisations, open universities and adult education bodies run extracurricular courses on the most diverse subjects, from cooking to philosophy.
- The various cultural centres in Brussels run a whole range of courses.
- The following pages provide information on specific courses : language courses, artistic activities, "Universités Tous Ages" and more.
- 'QueFaire.be' is a website where you can search for courses (traineeships) in Brussels in various domains (FR/NL).
For French speakers:
- For more information on sociocultural activities (including art courses) (FR) contact one of the many continuing education institutions in Brussels.
For Dutch speakers:
- The Flemish Community Commission keeps a list of all courses in Brussels (NL) in a special database.
- PrettigGeleerd.be is a website listing all courses offered in the Flemish sociocultural sector (NL) (including Brussels).
Who to contact: