Bruxelles-Propreté provides the following services to businesses and citizens in the Brussels-Capital Region:
Waste collection and management
- Bruxelles-Propreté organises the collection of sorted waste in blue (Plastic bottles and flasks, Metal packaging, Drink cartons), yellow (paper and cardboard) and green (garden waste) bags for recycling purposes.
- Bruxelles-Propreté provides a door-to-door collection service for unsorted household waste in white Bruxelles-Propreté bags, which are available in supermarkets.
- Schools, apartment blocks and communities may be eligible for waste containers for sorted and non-sorted waste, which Bruxelles-Propreté empties.
- Bruxelles-Propreté also collects bulky household waste and construction waste, and leases skips for large volumes.
- Bruxelles-Propreté manages a network of waste collection points, including the PROXY CHIMIK for household chemical waste, the Container parks and the bottle banks.
- Bruxelles-Propreté also organises Christmas trees collections.
- As well as collection, Bruxelles-Propreté also provides recycling and processing services.
Did you know?
On average, every inhabitant of the Brussels-Capital Region produces 1kg of waste a day. With this in mind, Bruxelles-Propreté runs campaigns to raise awareness among citizens of the importance of reducing waste and recycling more.
- Bruxelles-Propreté is tasked with ensuring that all Brussels streets remain clean and tidy, also after special events, based on the Cleaning Plan.
- Combatting fly-tipping (illegal waste dumping) is another task of Bruxelles-Propreté, as is graffiti removal and other cleaning services based on specific requests from citizens.
Prevention and awareness campaigns
- Bruxelles-Propreté has produced a waste prevention and management plan in association with Bruxelles Environnement.
- Bruxelles-Propreté works to raise awareness among the inhabitants of Brussels on cleanliness, waste and recycling issues.
Bruxelles-Propreté was created by the Order of 19 July 1990 (published in Moniteur belge on 25 September 1990).